Men's basketball

Syracuse chosen to host East Regional in 2015 NCAA Tournament

The NCAA announced Monday that Syracuse will host the 2015 NCAA Tournament East Regional.

Syracuse was one of 53 cities to express interest in hosting the event, NCAA vice president of men’s basketball Dan Gavitt said in a press release.

“We are thrilled for our hosts for the ’14 and ’15 tournaments,” Gavitt said in the release, “as they include a mix of cities that have proven over the course of several decades how to stage this great event, as well as cities that have come on to the scene in recent years and have embraced the tournament.”

The games will be on March 27 and March 29 of 2015 at the Carrier Dome. Syracuse last hosted the East Regional in 2010, when West Virginia beat Kentucky 73-66 to advance to the Final Four.

The NCAA also announced 25 preliminary-round sites for the 2014 and 2015 tournament on Monday.

Comments

University Politics

University Senate approves degree completion support plan for students affected by immigration policies

The resolution passed on Wednesday states that if students affected by immigration policies complete 75 percent or more of the credits and requirements for their respective degrees, there would be “maximum opportunity” extended to facilitate completion of their degree program with Syracuse University credits. Read more »