Opinion

Letter to the Editor : FYP endorses Taylor Carr

On behalf of First Year Players, we would like to endorse Taylor Carr for Student Association president. As one of the largest performing arts organizations on campus, First Year Players is committed to enriching the first-year experience for students, while also engaging in the surrounding community. We believe Carr embodies the traits necessary to enact real change on this campus, while also preserving the role of president as one that continually gives back to students.

We have seen Carr’s passion and commitment to the university grow as he continually works to better the campus in every way that he can. By pledging himself to a variety of projects and initiatives sponsored by SA, Carr has elevated himself to the forefront of student leadership. He has stood up for what he believes in and had unwaveringly finished every goal he pledged to take on. First Year Players would like to recognize and applaud Carr’s emphasis on keeping SU students safe, regardless of who they are or where they come from. His cyberbullying resolution is just one of the many examples highlighting Carr’s commitment to the student body. He recognizes and cherishes the campus community for its diversity and will continue advocating for the voices of all students to be heard as SA president.

As First Year Players is also a constant engager in community service, we applaud Carr’s efforts to encourage the students of SU to ‘get off the Hill’ and dedicate their time to community service programs and initiatives. Carr has long advocated the need to engage within the community, and we look forward to partnering with SA as well as other student organizations to continue making a difference in our community.

It is our belief that Carr’s experience, passion and hard-working demeanor will make him an ideal president. He understands the inner workings of SA, but more importantly, he understands how to bring about the change needed to continue SA’s growth into the future.

On behalf of First Year Players, we’d like to declare our official endorsement of Carr for the president of SA’s 56th session at Syracuse University.

First Year Players