University Union : Big Sean tickets sell out for Winter Carnival performance

Tickets for University Union’s upcoming Big Sean concert sold out Tuesday, said Gabrielle Landsman, a Bandersnatch co-director.

Tickets went on sale at the Schine Box Office on Monday. The box office sold out of the maximum 350 tickets by about 2 p.m. Tuesday. This may be the fastest that tickets have sold out for a Bandersnatch concert for UU, Landsman said.

‘It’s a huge thing,’ she said. ‘We listened to the students, and they responded overwhelmingly. It’s really exciting.’

Big Sean, a hip-hop artist, will headline the concert with the opening act, rapper Donnis. The concert will be held in Schine Underground on Feb. 23 at 8 p.m.

The Big Sean concert is a combined effort between Bandersnatch, a subdivision of UU Concerts, and this year’s Winter Carnival, an annual winter event held by Syracuse University.

This concert follows a recent string of sold-out shows for UU. Although most of the shows were held at different venues and the number of tickets available for each event varied, many attracted enough student interest to sell out, Landsman said. Some of the shows include the 2010 Block Party, which hip-hop artist Drake headlined; a performance by DJ Aoki for the first Bandersnatch concert of this academic year; and a PostSecret presentation on Oct. 20.

Though the tickets sold out quickly, UU members do not plan on selling any more tickets or moving the venue.

Said Landsman: ‘We’re happy with the location, and it’s a good venue.’