Best Week Ever : Opening up and speaking out

1. SU Field Hockey gets to no. 3 seed in NCAA tournament

For a sport that didn’t get very much exposure until this year, these girls worked their butts off. First of all, it’s awesome to get SU on the map for another sport, but what’s even more impressive is the turnaround that happened within just a year. Congrats to the girls and their coach, let’s see them keep up the good work. Plus, it’s good to see that Darryl Gross did something right when hiring field hockey coach Ange Bradley.

2. SU is getting sued for $50 million

SU hasn’t been paying its bills. Just like when you’re too late to pay your Verizon bill, SU is feeling the pains of overdue balances. Apparently, the university has not been paying their full bill and it is suing for the missing balances, however SU claims this isn’t true and is countersuing. Basically it’s he-said-she-said talk, but for whoever is left to pay the tab, $50 million is a lot.

3. Hollywood Hookah opens on Marshall Street

Some legal weekend fun just opened up for the under-21 crowd on Marshall Street. Although the question must be asked, why is it that a lot of forms of entertainment for the college crowd may have harmful long-term consequences? Whether you’re into smoking hookah or not, it’s pretty impressive that two SU students were able to start their own shop off the ground. Let’s hope it sticks around – or that hookah doesn’t become illegal in the near future.

4. When George met Barack

This week the Obamas visited the White House posing proudly with the Bushes on the front page of almost every newspaper in the country. There they were, a perfect foursome, smiling and happy. The Bushes were probably smiling because they were finally going to catch a break after eight years. The Obamas? While I’m sure they were happy to be taking over, judging by the pictures that were on the front page, they weren’t smiling at all, but were simply squinting at the bright D.C. sun. Maybe next time, those photographers should choose better pictures.

5. Jennifer breaks the ice

In the November 19 issue of Vogue magazine, Jennifer Aniston speaks out about Angelina and Brad. The suspense. What did Jennifer say? Did she call Angelina a man-stealing hussy? Did she call Brad a womanizing pimp? Did she lash out at the media for airing out her dirty laundry? Nope. Instead, she says there is ‘no love lost between her and Jolie’ and that ‘she wishes Jolie was more discreet about the secret affair.’ Really? That’s it? Because if that was me, Vaseline would have been all over my knuckles a long time ago.