Sneak peek of ‘Sarah Marshall’ tonight

IF YOU GO:

What: ‘Forgetting Sarah Marshall’

When: Tonight at 7 p.m.

Where: Gifford Auditorium (HBC)

How much: Free (Ticket from Schine Box Office required)

Blockbuster producer Judd Apatow’s next release hopes to be a film Syracuse students won’t likely forget – especially with a free sneak peek of the movie, ‘Forgetting Sarah Marshall,’ showing tonight.

The movie will premiere at 7 p.m. in Gifford Auditorium. The preview, presented by University Union Cinemas, requires a ticket that can be picked up for free at the Schine Box Office. Tickets are limited to two per person. ‘Forgetting Sarah Marshall’ will hit theaters nationwide April 18.

‘I think it’s a great way to end the year,’ said Marguerite Moore, co-director of UU Cinemas. ‘It should be pretty funny, it’s gotten good reviews, and it’s got Judd Apatow.’

The bawdy romantic comedy belongs in the same vein as past Apatow films. The acclaimed producer of hits like ‘The 40 Year Old Virgin’ and ‘Superbad’ will try to turn Jason Segel into his next big comedy star. Segel (who played one of Seth Rogen’s stoner friends in ‘Knocked Up’ and stars in CBS sitcom ‘How I Met Your Mother’) plays Peter Bretter, a devastated twenty-something who decides to take a Hawaiian vacation to cope with a recent break up.

As luck would have it, Bretter’s ex (played by Kristen Bell) happens to show up on the same island with her new rock-star boyfriend. Disaster ensues. And if Apatow still has the magic touch – so does hilarity.

Doors open at 6 p.m.

Moore said: ‘Based on comments on our Facebook group and just general vibe, people seem to be excited about the movie coming.’