Written in the Stars

An uncommon alignment could make next month spiritual, full of cosmic bliss

Shannon Kirkpatrick | Presentation Director

The themes that a Jupiter-Neptune combination represents can be seen in the historical events of this transit’s past, Hines says.

There’s still one Orange to root for — The Daily Orange! Donate today and help us win College Media Madness.

This week, you may begin to feel the effects of what is arguably the most significant transit of 2022: the conjunction of Jupiter and Neptune in Pisces.

These two slow-moving outer planets meet up only once every 12 to 13 years, with conjunctions generally occurring in consecutive signs of the zodiac. Combinations of Jupiter and Neptune bring great dissolutions of boundaries or oppressive structures, a sense of all-encompassing unity or cosmic bliss, grand feelings of optimism and the fullest embrace of the spiritual. Of course, every transit has its shadow. Be careful of fantastic visions which prove to be only illusions upon closer inspection. Neptune in astrology is additionally associated with intoxication, so beware of the influence of mind-altering substances during this time.

Grand, expansive fantasies come to life through the work of figures like science fiction writer Isaac Asimov, director Tim Burton or “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory” star Gene Wilder. Musically, the Jupiter-Neptune combination can be heard in the intoxicating hooks of the king of pop Michael Jackson, the mysteriously enchanting voice of Dolores O’Riordan, lead singer of the Cranberries, as well as the powerful and alluring Neo-soul sounds of Erykah Badu.

These themes grow increasingly intense until the two planets perfect their conjunction on April 12, and will stay in effect until about the end of the month. Venus will also conjoin these two planets during the last week of April. Watch during this time for an added emphasis on pleasure and bliss or the appearance of these Jupiter-Neptune themes in romantic relationships.

What will this conjunction mean for me?

Transits will express differently and with varied levels of intensity in different peoples’ lives depending on a variety of factors. The roles certain planets play uniquely in your chart, the aspects this transit makes to your natal placements and whether or not planets involved in the transit are highlighted in your chart by any number of time lord techniques all amplify and color any alignment, bringing unique significations to each individual. Here, we will briefly look at this transit based on its whole-sign house placement according to your rising sign.

Aries rising: This transit falls in your 12th house, known to ancient astrologers as the place of bad spirit. Here, the potential for this alignment to bring self-sabotage, feelings of isolation and imprisonment, or difficulty with mental health is heightened. Be especially careful with drugs and alcohol during the next month.

Taurus rising: This conjunction falls in your 11th house, the place of friends, groups and allies. Perhaps the dissolution of a restrictive bureaucratic structure in a student organization of yours will take place during the next month, or maybe a friend of yours will have a dramatic spiritual awakening. This house also rules hopes and wishes, so expect to see optimistic schemes arising in your fantasies about the future.

Gemini rising: This conjunction will fall in your 10th house, the place of career and public life. The tenth house is one of the four angular houses, so transits here are especially powerful. See how these themes of optimism, boundlessness, intoxication and spirituality arise in your workplace or those parts of your life in which you are most visible to the world.

Cancer rising: For Cancer risings, Jupiter and Neptune meet in your 9th house. Here the influence of these planets may bring the above themes to your philosophy or to your university studies. Now is a great time for you to begin studying astrology! If you are traveling to a foreign country at this time, you may feel acutely the unity of humankind and the arbitrariness of borders.

media_madness_button_2022

Leo rising: This transit falls in the 8th house, one of the especially difficult houses. Here, ancient astrologers located death, inheritance and the property and resources of others. Perhaps during this time, you are called to deeply reflect on the reality of death, the inevitable passing away of all things, and are brought to a profound feeling of peace through this interior work.

Virgo rising: This transit falls in your 7th house, the house of marriage. If you are in a monogamous relationship, this transit may appear to you through your partner. Perhaps questions of restrictive boundaries between you and your partner will be addressed. If you are not in a relationship, this period may bring to you an alluring romance with an especially mystical person, or maybe just some much-needed reflection on the role of romance in your life.

Libra rising: This conjunction falls in your 6th house, a house associated with health, illness, routines and hard work. Perhaps during this time you will take up a routine of meditation or prayer or find a great new medical solution for an inscrutable health problem.

Scorpio rising: This transit falls in your 5th house. Known to ancient astrologers as the place of good fortune, this house is associated with pleasure, fun, children and sex. You may find this transit especially enjoyable and light. During this time, a young child may share with you a profound life teaching, or perhaps you may begin playing an immersive fantasy game.

Sagittarius rising: For Sagittarius risings, this transit will express through your 4th house, the place of home, family, your parents and ancestral karma. Perhaps during this time, these Jupiter-Neptune themes will express in the life of your parents, bringing to them Jupiterian optimism or Neptunian mysterious messages. Maybe a deceased relative will visit you in a dream. Watch for issues with water and plumbing in your home.

Capricorn rising: This transit falls in your third house. Here, themes of optimism, intoxication and the dissolution of boundaries may arise in your neighborhood or immediate environment, or in your language and routine mental patterns. The third house represents that which is to us as water is to a fish.

Aquarius rising: This transit falls in your 2nd house, the place of property, money and finances. A financial endeavor of yours may receive a sudden boost during this time, or you may purchase or receive something mystical or religious. Be careful of flooding and water damage affecting important possessions.

Pisces rising: This transit falls in your 1st house, the most powerful of the 12 houses. This place rules your self, your body and your identity. You may encounter an identity crisis during this time, with your sense of self losing clarity as the conjunction intensifies. This is a great time to dive head-first into spiritual or mystical endeavors. They may prove to be especially fruitful and even all-encompassing during the next month.