Block Party

Prepare for the (Block) Party with this playlist

Madison Denis | Contributing Illustrator

University Union is back for another year of Block Party at Syracuse University. Here’s a playlist of the event’s four featured artists' most popular tracks.

This Sunday is Syracuse University’s annual Block Party. Organized by University Union, students can attend their own music festival in the iconic JMA Wireless Dome. This year, UU is hosting four artists: Lil Yachty, Teezo Touchdown, ISOxo and KARRAHBOOOO, along with student DJ group FEƎM.

Yachty and ISOxo are coming to SU after performing at Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival the last two weekends. Here are all the songs you need to know to prepare for the Party.

Lil Yachty
“A Cold Sunday”
“A Cold Sunday” is Yachty’s most recent release. The song features a jazz riff as Yachty raps about a heartbreak. Yachty samples Citation’s “Inspiration of My Life.”

“Yacht Club” feat. Juice WRLD
“Yacht Club” is the fifth track of Yachty’s third studio album, “Nuthin’ 2 Prove.” The “smooth and catchy” song made it onto the Billboard Hot 100.

“Broccoli” by DRAM (feat. Lil Yachty)
This 2016 hit was both Yachty and DRAM’s first appearance on Billboard Hot 100’s top five tracks. Praised by Rolling Stone and nominated for a Grammy, the song was an instant success.

Teezo Touchdown
“UUHH”
With upbeat lyrics and a peppy chorus, “UUHH” is one of Teezo Touchdown’s most popular songs. It was released last year on his recent album, “How Do You Sleep At Night.”

“You Thought” feat. Janelle Monáe
Featuring Janelle Monáe, “You Thought” is another hit from his 2023 album. After listening to this song, you’ll be all set to jam out Friday.

ISOxo
“Aarena (Knock2 Remix)”
Unlike the first couple of artists on this year’s Block Party lineup, ISOxo primarily produces dance and electronic music. “Aarena,” a high-energy, upbeat track, released in 2022 on the album “niteharts.”

“how2fly”
Last year, ISOxo released the album “kidsgonemad!” This track, “how2fly,” was one of the album’s most popular.

KARRAHBOOO
“Running Late”
KARRAHBOOOO started as Lil Yachty’s assistant before releasing her own music. She is a member of the “Concrete Boys” and released “Running Late” with the group.

“Not Da 2” by Concrete Boys ft. Lil Yachty and KARRAHBOOOO
“Not Da 2” is featured on the debut compilation album “It’s Us Vol. 1.” Fans should expect to hear some songs with both Yachty and KARRAHBOOOO played on Friday considering their past collaboration.

Dreamer Isioma
“Sensitive”
“Sensitive” is Dreamer Isioma’s most popular song. The song went viral on TikTok, with over 38,000 videos using the sound, after its release in 2020.

“Valentina”
Before the success of “Sensitive,” Dreamer Isioma released “Valentina.” They performed at Lollapalooza in 2021 and released the album “Princess Forever” last year.

renforshort
“f*ck i love my friends”
Since she started creating music in high school, renforshort has worked with artists like YUNGBLUD, Avril Lavigne and Machine Gun Kelly. Her most popular song is “f*ck i love my friends.”

DWLLRS
“Blue Spirits”
DWLLRS released “Blue Spirits” in 2022. The band is made up of a duo from Clemente, California.