From the Stage

5 concerts to attend during the last weekend on campus

Sarah Lee | Senior Staff Photographer

This weekend’s shows are happening at the Westcott Theater, on campus and at houses in the university hill area.

Sofar Syracuse

Anish Ghosh announced on his Instagram that he is performing a secret show Thursday night through Sofar Syracuse, which hosts shows in unconventional spaces like homes and small businesses. The show starts at 8:45 p.m. and the $15 tickets are available through the link on Ghosh’s Instagram.
When: Thursday, Dec. 9
Artist: Anish Ghosh

The Harrington

The Harrington will host a variety of musicians Thursday night for its final show of the semester. Syracuse rock ‘n’ roll band The Upstaters, SU singer-songwriter Tamara, rapper Zak G and DJ BStorm will perform. Direct message The Summit or The Harrington for the address and to buy tickets, which are $5 in advance and $7 at the door. Doors open at 9 p.m. and music will start at 9:30 p.m.
When: Thursday, Dec. 9
Artist: The Upstaters, Tamara, Zak G and DJ BStorm

The Westcott Theater

Mihali, lead singer of rock band Twiddle, is headlining at the Westcott Theater Thursday evening for “Mihalidaze.” The lead singer is on a solo tour which will conclude with a show in Vermont — where Twiddle originated from — later this month. The singer will be supported by Joe Cirotti, who is a multi-instrumentalist. The doors for the show open at 7 p.m. and the music starts at 8 p.m. Tickets cost $18 and are on sale on the Westcott Theater’s website.
When: Thursday, Dec. 9
Artist: Mihali, supported by Joe Cirotti

The Last Bash

NONEWFRIENDS., Picture Us Tiny and Juniper will perform Friday night in a show to fundraise for the repair of the caved-in floor at the house NONEWFRIENDS. performed at during Halloweekend. The event will be all three of the bands’ final show of the semester, appropriately titled “The Last Bash.” NONEWFRIENDS. announced on Instagram that they will perform their new single “Jammer” at the show. Proof of vaccination is required at the door, which opens at 9 p.m. Direct message one of the three bands for the address and ticket price.
When: Friday, Dec. 10
Artist: NONEWFRIENDS., Picture Us Tiny and Juniper

Shemin Auditorium

Syracuse University’s Jazz & Commercial Music program is hosting three shows Friday evening starting at 5 p.m. in Shemin Auditorium. “Swingin’ into the Holidays” will feature a jazz/funk combo performance at 5 p.m., music from Orange Juice Jazz Combo at 6:30 p.m. and then a performance from the Morton Schiff Jazz Ensemble at 8 p.m. The concerts are open to SU community members and invited family members, SU’s website says. There will also be a livestream available through both Instagram or Facebook (or both).
When: Friday, Dec. 10
Artist: Jazz/Funk Combo, Orange Juice Jazz Combo and Morton Schiff Jazz Ensemble