Class of 2022 4-star forward Kamari Lands commits to Syracuse

Courtesy of Mark Konezny | USA Today Sports

Kamari Lands (not pictured) committed to Syracuse on Tuesday. He's a four-star Class of 2022 recruit.

Subscribe to our sports newsletter here

Class of 2022 four-star forward Kamari Lands announced his verbal commitment to Syracuse on Tuesday evening. Lands, a standout at Prolific Prep (CA), had offers from Texas Tech, Xavier, Miami (OH) and DePaul. 247 Sports ranks Lands as the 36th-best prospect nationally and the eighth-best small forward in the class. 

The 6-foot-8 forward is originally from Indianapolis. The junior averaged 15.1 points per game but shot just 26.2% from 3 at Prolific in 2020-21, per the team. He displays poise and body control in highlights, but his stroke is a bit unorthodox. 

Lands is the only member of Syracuse’s Class of 2022 at the moment. Five-star guard Dior Johnson had previously committed, but reopened his recruitment in November. Other SU targets in the class, according to 247 Sports, include five-star Brandon Huntley-Hatfield (Scotland Campus) and four-star Chance Westry (Sierra Canyon). 

Syracuse saw Kadary Richmond transfer to Seton Hall and wing Woody Newton enter the transfer portal on Tuesday before Lands announced his decision. In the final coach’s poll of the season, the Orange were ranked 25th after their strong end to the season, which culminated in a Sweet 16 run.