Reconnect with SU’s past and present at these ‘Orange Central’ events

Cassandra Roshu | Photo Editor

Syracuse University welcomes alumni this weekend to celebrate through ‘Orange Central’ events. Some of the events include dinner at the chancellor's house, Syracuse samplings and a football game versus Clemson this Saturday.

Through this weekend, Syracuse University’s alumni will return for alumni weekend, also known as “Orange Central.” Alumni will have the opportunity to attend events ranging from receptions in each home college to meetings with various on-campus organizations and a highly-anticipated SU football game against Clemson.

With a packed weekend, there are sure to be plenty of moments for SU’s past and present to connect this weekend. Here are six events to look out for during Orange Central:

50th and 60th Reunion Welcome Reception
Members of the class of 1963 and 1973 are invited to Chancellor Kent Syverud’s house to reconnect with their classmates.

Guests will be picked up from the Courtyard Carrier Circle, the Courtyard Syracuse Downtown at Armory Square and Residence Inn Syracuse Downtown at Armory Square at 4:30 p.m. Alumni staying at the Crowne Plaza will be picked up at 4:35 p.m. and Sheraton Hotel at 4:40 p.m.

Those who choose to drive should park in the University Avenue Garage and be picked up by a 4:50 shuttle to the Chancellor’s House. Business casual attire is encouraged and there is no price for the event.
Where: Chancellor’s House, 300 Comstock Ave.
When: Sept 28 from 5 to 6:30 p.m.

Senior Alumni Lunch
SU will host a lunch for those who graduated at least 50 years ago. Reconnect with old classmates, look at yearbooks and pose for fun photos with Otto. Special tables will be available for the milestone reunion classes of 1963 and 1973, as well as other classes returning to SU. There is a $10 cost for the event which includes a light lunch and desserts, coffee, tea and soft drinks.
Where: Sheraton Syracuse University Hotel & Conference Center, Regency Ballroom
When: Sept. 29 from 12 to 2:30 p.m.

Art Museum Open House
Stop by the SU Art Museum and check out newly installed galleries along with selections from the museum’s collection of global art. Guests are encouraged to walk through the museum’s special exhibitions featuring the work of Peter B. Jones. Museum curators hold a pop-up tour at 3:30 p.m. There is no charge for the program.
Where: Shaffer Art Building, First Floor, Art Museum
When: Sept. 29 from 3 to 4:30 p.m.

Syracuse Samplings
Stop by The Whitman School of Management to sample offerings from alumni entrepreneurs as well as local food and beverage vendors. From local brewers to barbecue joints, there is something for everyone to enjoy from many different alumni-founded businesses. There is a $10 admission fee for the event which includes food, beverages and a JMA Wireless Dome-approved game day tote bag.
Where: Martin J. Whitman School of Management, First Floor Flaum Grand Hall
When: Sept. 29 from 4:30 to 6 p.m.

Forever Orange Friday
Head down to the Shaw Quadrangle for a casual evening of lawn games, a photo booth, caricature and balloon artists and more. Reconnect with your classmates to celebrate and create your reunion table. Guests are encouraged to dress as they did during their time at SU and be prepared to dance through the decades as a DJ will be playing songs for many different generations of SU. There is a $25 entry fee for adults who are attending and a $10 fee for those under 21. This includes dinner, desserts, drinks and an exclusive giveaway.
Where: Shaw Quadrangle
When: Sept. 29 from 6:30 to 10 p.m.

Generation Orange Celebration
For those who graduated in the last 10 years, join fellow alumni and the Generation Orange Leadership Council for a night of local snacks, drinks and a special photo opportunity with Otto. Those who attend will receive a special “Gen O” button and gift. Head in through Gate A of the JMA Wireless Dome to celebrate with your classmates.

A shuttle will depart from the Quad between Steele Hall and Heroy Geology Building to take you to your exclusive event at 8:15 p.m. Shuttles will depart from Gate A at 10:30 p.m. to take you back to your Orange Central hotel or the University Avenue Garage. Members of the class of 2023 can pay $5 to attend and everyone else must pay $11. This includes two drinks, an appetizer, desserts and an exclusive giveaway.
Where: JMA Wireless Dome, Club 44
When: Sept. 29 from 8:30 to 10:30 p.m.

Orange Central Tailgate
Get ready for the football game against Clemson at this family-friendly tailgate. Enjoy delicious food, lawn games, giveaways and a photo booth. Be sure to check out a performance by the marching band and a special appearance from Otto. Wear your best gameday attire and be ready to cheer on the Orange against the Tigers. There is a $20 entry fee for adults who are attending and a $10 fee for those under 21. This includes food stations, soft drinks, two drink tickets and an exclusive giveaway.
Where: Shaw Quadrangle
When: Sept. 30 from 10 to 12 p.m.