From the Studio

Bruce Springsteen postpones all September performances ahead of Syracuse show

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band’s performance in Syracuse has been postponed. The concert was originally scheduled for Thursday, Sept. 7, 2023 at the JMA Wireless Dome.

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band announced that they are postponing all performances scheduled for September 2023, beginning with Thursday’s show at the JMA Wireless Dome, the artist said in a post on X, formerly known as Twitter.

Over 30,000 tickets were sold for Springsteen and the E Street Band’s performance in Syracuse on Thursday night.

Springsteen said in his tweet that he’s being treated for symptoms of peptic ulcer disease, and his medical advisors made the decision to postpone the shows. Ticket holders were promised additional information on the rescheduled shows as soon as it is available.

Springsteen postponed his Aug. 16 and 18 shows in Philadelphia last month due to similar health concerns, which were at that time undisclosed. Rather than postponing two shows, this time he has postponed eight. The two shows scheduled initially for Citizens Bank Park will take place in August 2024, according to 6abc.

“Over here on E Street we’re heartbroken to have to postpone these shows,” Springsteen said in the announcement. “Thank you for your understanding and support. We’ve been having a blast at our U.S. shows, and we’re looking forward to more great times. We’ll be back soon.”

Thursday’s show was set to be the first performance from Springsteen at Syracuse University since November 1992.