Concert Tracker

Strut your stuff with these 7 weekend concerts

Meghan Hendricks | Photo Editor

SU student and singer-songwriter, Padma will perform at The Garden with BRI, another SU student, on Saturday, Feb. 25.

The Last Horizon
Tune into some heavy metal music at Soulfly’s concert on Thursday. The four-man band was started in Los Angeles in 1997 and will be joined by Bodybox, Skinflint, Symmetrical Defiance and When Skies Decide. Tickets are available here, attendees must be 16 or older and will be required to show ID.

When: Thursday at 6 p.m.
Price: $32.90

Bullfinch Brewpub
Native Syracusan Connor Campbell will take the stage at Bullfinch Brewpub on Thursday night. His music draws from varying genres, like folk, rock and soul. The Brewpub is located within Destiny Mall and offers a full bar and menu to accompany the live music.

When: Thursday at 6 p.m.
Price: Free

Shaffer Art Building
Two Jazz and Commercial music majors will be taking a part in the Setnor School of Music’s JCM Exposed series. Lauren Brennan and Naja Butler will be playing music they have selected themselves and will play at 6 and 7 p.m. respectively.

When: Thursday at 6 p.m.
Price: Free

Redgate
Come check out some Syracuse University talent as Gritty Jawns, Polarded and Angvl play at Redgate on Friday. The event will be a mystical Mardi Gras celebration and attendees can buy tickets by messaging Redgate or at the door.

When: Friday at 10 p.m.
Price: $5 for presale, $8 at the door

Funk ‘n Waffles
If heavy metal music isn’t your thing, head over to Funk ‘n Waffles instead to see The National Reserve play on Saturday. The band originated in Brooklyn, New York and consists of four members. Their music combines hints of rock, alternative, pop and indie. Tickets for their show are available here.

When: Saturday at 8 p.m.
Price: $13.07

The Garden
Spend your Saturday night at The Garden with some live music from BRI. and Padma. The two SU students will take the stage to perform songs from their own discography. If you’re interested in supporting some SU talent, message The Garden on Instagram for the address and get tickets at the door upon arrival.

When: Saturday at 8:30 p.m. with doors opening at 8 p.m.
Price: $5

Mudpit
If you want to support Ottothon and watch some great music, stop by the Mudpit this Saturday. The house show venue is using the concert to raise money for Ottothon. Many of the performing artists are SU students, including Saint Luke, Mnemonic Advice, Lauren Juzang, Rhodes Corduroy and Nancy Dunkle. Tickets can be bought through messaging the Mudpit on Instagram or at the door.

When: Saturday, doors at 10 p.m., music at 10:30 p.m.
Price: $7 presale, $10 at the door