Concert Tracker

Relax after the first week of classes with these 4 concerts

Meghan Henricks | Photo Editor

Jam out to the funky, rock sounds of bands such as Max Creek and Painted Birds.

The Westcott Theater
Max Creek
Have a rockin’ weekend at The Westcott Theater and attend Max Creek’s Syracuse stop with opener ROOTSCOLLIDER. Max Creek’s career, which has lasted more than 40 years, has spanned folk and country-rock genres with influences from bands like the Grateful Dead. Tickets are available on The Westcott Theatre’s website.

When: Friday, January 20 at 8 p.m., doors open at 7 p.m.
Price: $33.25 online

Funk ‘n Waffles
Painted Birds, Dave Fields
Anyone looking for dinner and a show can make their way to Funk ‘n Waffles, which is hosting Painted Birds and Dave Fields on Friday. Painted Birds’ diverse catalog incorporates genres like folk-rock, jazz fusion and psychedelia, and offers something for audience members with different tastes. Tickets are for sale on Funk ‘n Waffles’ website.

When: Friday, January 20 at 8-11 p.m., doors open at 7 p.m.
Price: $10 online

Shaffer Art Building
JCM Exposed | Setnor Ensemble Series
For a musical option right on campus, the latest event in the Setnor School of Music’s Ensemble Series is scheduled for Friday night. The performance will feature the school’s jazz and commercial music ensemble. A livestream will be available through the ensemble’s Instagram and Facebook pages. More information is available on the Syracuse University calendar.

When: Friday, January 20, at 5:30-7 p.m
Price: Free

Funk ‘n Waffles
THE Q-TIP BANDITS, Seeing Double
Catch the return of the local band, Seeing Double this weekend when they perform at Funk ‘n Waffles. The Oneonta-native group will take the stage alongside The Q-Tip Bandits, a funk-rock band out of Boston. Tickets are available on Funk ‘n Waffles website.

When: Saturday, January 21 at 7 p.m.
Price: $12 online