Concert Tracker

Venture off campus for these 5 concerts this weekend

Corey Henry | Senior Staff Photographe

Whether its JoJo Siwa or classical pianist Jon Nakamatsu, there are a handful of shows to enjoy over the weekend.

Jon Nakamatsu

American classical pianist Jon Nakamatsu will be in Syracuse to perform Maurice Ravel’s Piano Concerto in G Major this weekend. One hour prior to the performance, music director Lawrence Loh will be giving a pre-concert talk that all attendees are invited to join. Nakamatsu will perform at the Oncenter Crouse Hinds Concert Theater. Doors open at 6 p.m., and the concert starts at 7:30 p.m.

When: Saturday, Feb. 19
Artists: Jon Nakamatsu

Ben Blujus Band

Local band Ben Blujus Band has been playing in the central New York region for the past 10 years. This weekend, the band will be at Funk ‘n Waffles to perform its music, which includes rock, reggae, blues and funk. The concert will take place on Saturday at 8 p.m., doors open at 7 p.m. Tickets cost $10.

Tom Nitti with DJ Skeet

This weekend at Turning Stone Resort Casino, Tom Nitti will be performing his modern country music alongside DJ Skeet. Tom Nitti is a U.S. Army veteran and Purple Heart recipient. The concert will begin at 9 p.m. on Saturday in the Tin Rooster Barbeque and Country Bar.

When: Saturday, Feb. 19
Artists: Tom Nitti, DJ Skeet

When: Saturday Feb. 19
Artists: Ben Blujus Band

Tim Forbes

Local artist Tim Forbes will be performing at the Empire Syracuse Barbershop & Pub this Saturday. Signature $5 cocktails will be served for attendees 21 and older. The show starts at 7 p.m. and goes until 10 p.m., and the event is free and open to the public.

When: Saturday, Feb. 19
Artists: Tim Forbes

JoJo Siwa

Famed actress and musician JoJo Siwa is set to take the stage in Syracuse this Sunday at the Upstate Medical University Arena at The Oncenter War Memorial. Tickets are still on sale and are ranging from $37 to $410. The concert will begin at 7 p.m.

When: Sunday, Feb. 20
Artists: JoJo Siwa