SU to host Vera House representative weekly on campus at Schine Student Center

Wendy Wang | Staff Photographer

Stand With Survivors SU requested in their Oct. 2021 demands that SU brings the Vera House, as well as Planned Parenthood and Callisto, for a seminar on consent, anti-rape culture, sexual and relationship violence and resources for survivors.

Syracuse University announced that the Vera House — a nonprofit advocating against domestic and sexual violence — will have a representative on campus every week for the remainder of the spring 2022 semester.

The representative will be in room 304, the group therapy room, in The Barnes Center at the Arch from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. every Monday, a press release said. Students can use the office hours to get information about the Vera House’s services as well as learn about healthy relationships.

Stand With Survivors SU first announced the new Vera House office hours on Jan. 31 in a document they published to provide their opinions on the university’s actions and lack thereof.

SWSSU requested in their Oct. 2021 demands that SU brings the Vera House, as well as Planned Parenthood and Callisto, for a seminar on consent, anti-rape culture, sexual and relationship violence and resources for survivors.

In SU’s press release, the university wrote that Vera House staff members are on the Chancellor’s Task Force on Sexual and Relationship Violence as well as other working groups.

The Vera House can be contacted at (315)-425-0818. The press release promoted the university’s Sexual and Relationship Violence Resources website, which highlights services such as the Office of Equal Opportunity, Inclusion and Resolution Services and the Department of Public Safety.