Tennis

SU’s match with Boston College postponed due to COVID-19 protocol in Eagles’ program

Anya Wijeweera | Senior Staff Photographer

A make-up date for the match has yet to be announced.

Syracuse’s tennis match originally scheduled for Saturday Feb.19 against Boston College has been postponed due to COVID-19 protocols in the Eagles’ program. A make-up date has not been announced.

The Orange have won their last four consecutive matches to bring their record to 6-1, the third time they’ve won six of their first seven matches since Younes Limam took over the program. During those four wins, the Orange outscored their opponents 23-3. Junior Polina Kozyreva and freshman Shiori Ito have led the Orange in singles play, each having posted a perfect 7-0 record. Kozyreva hasn’t lost a single set this season and has outscored her opponents 84-22, while sophomore Viktoriya Kanapatskaya is 5-2 in singles play and 6-1 in doubles.

The Eagles would’ve been Syracuse’s toughest opponent so far, having recently beat Boston University 6-1, only allowing one point in singles play. Laura Lopez won both singles sets 6-0 and 6-3, while Hailey Wilcox and Sophia Edwards won their doubles match 7-5.

Syracuse will now start Atlantic Coast Conference play on the road on Feb. 25 at Virginia Tech, then will travel to play Virginia Feb. 27.