Crime

Interactive: Weekly crime briefs, March 1 to March 3

People around Syracuse were arrested for crimes including burglary and possession of controlled substances.

Here is a round-up of criminal activity that happened near Syracuse University last weekend, from March 1-3.

Controlled substance
A Syracuse man, 19, was arrested on charges of criminal possession of a controlled substance in the seventh degree, failure to stop at a stop sign, having an insufficient tail lamp, inadequate muffler and unlawful possession of cannabis.
When: Sunday at 5:00 a.m.
Where: The corner of Bellevue Avenue and South Avenue

Unregistered vehicle
A Syracuse woman, 27, was arrested on charges of aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle in the second and third degree, operating with no license or seat belt, unlawful possession of cannabis, operating without insurance, operating an unregistered vehicle, inadequate mirrors and uninspected vehicle stoplights.
When: Saturday at 5:30 p.m.
Where: 500 block of Butternut Street

Burglary
A Syracuse woman, 42, was arrested on charges of burglary in the second degree and menacing in the second degree.
When: Saturday at 9:15 a.m.
Where: 1100 block of Bellevue Avenue

Synthetic cannabinoids
A Syracuse woman, 31, was arrested on the charge of possessing synthetic cannabinoids.
Where: 300 block of Jamesville Avenue
When: Saturday at 3:39 p.m.

Larceny
A Syracuse man, 30, was arrested on charges of criminal possession of cannabis in the fourth degree, unlawful possession of cannabis, criminal impersonation in the second degree, criminal mischief in the third degree, grand larceny in the fourth degree, criminal contempt in the first degree, harassment in the second degree and unlawful fleeing in the third degree.
Where: 200 block of West Matson Avenue
When: Saturday at 3:10 a.m.

Possession of cannabis
A Syracuse man, 29, was arrested on charges of unlawful possession of cannabis, criminal possession of a controlled substance in the seventh degree, criminal use of drug paraphernalia in the second degree, aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle in the third degree, speed violation and crossing road hazard.
Where: 200 block of West Matson Avenue
When: Saturday at 3:35 a.m.

Criminal possession of a controlled substance
A Syracuse man, 24, was arrested on charges of criminal possession of a controlled substance in the third and seventh degree, failure to stop at a stop sign, unlawful possession of cannabis and violation of park curfew.
Where: 2000 block of East Fayette Street
When: Saturday at 3:07 p.m.

Possession of a weapon
A Syracuse man, 45, was arrested on charges of criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth degree and menacing in the second degree.
Where: 500 block of Westcott Avenue
When: Friday at 11:46 p.m.

Harassment
A Syracuse woman, 33, was arrested on charges of menacing in the second degree, resisting arrest and criminal mischief in the fourth degree.
Where: 500 block of West Onondaga Street
When: Tuesday at 4:29 p.m.

Open container
A freshman in Syracuse University’s School of Visual and Performing Arts was arrested on the charge of carrying an open container.
Where: 600 block of Euclid Avenue
When: Tuesday at 4:55 p.m.

Controlled substance
A Syracuse man, 28, was arrested on charges of criminal possession of a controlled substance in the second and seventh degree, unlawful possession of cannabis, sound reproduction, aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, operation of a vehicle without an interlock device.
Where: 2300 block of Midland Avenue
When: Monday at 5:41 p.m.