Editorial Board

Join The D.O. Editorial Board in discussing SA elections

Zach Barlow | Staff Photographer

The 62nd session of Syracuse University's Student Association elections run April 9-12.

As campaigns are announced and the 61st session of Syracuse University’s Student Association wraps up ahead of elections April 9-12, The Daily Orange Editorial Board encourages students to be part of the conversation.

Every year, The D.O. follows the campaigns of registered candidates and breaks down their stances on campus-related issues. Our editorial board publishes the transcriptions of sit-down interviews at dailyorange.com and endorses an SA campaign team it feels best meets the expectations and standards of the campus community.

As part of this process, we want students to tell us what they want to see out of our election coverage by submitting ideas to [email protected] or at dailyorange.com/about. We also invite students to submit letters to the editor to [email protected] to raise topics SA should have on its agenda or endorse candidates who will represent undergraduates in the 2018-19 academic year. Letters to the editor are published online and in our print edition on page five.

Following the 2017 SA election, in which less than 2,500 students voted, students must know their participation doesn’t start and end in April. SA exists to fulfill the needs of the student body, so students must feel their voices are heard. And as an editorial board, we hope to be a platform to amplify those voices this election season and beyond.

The Daily Orange Editorial Board serves as the voice of the organization and aims to contribute the perspectives of students to discussions that concern Syracuse University and the greater Syracuse community. The editorial board’s stances are determined by a majority of its members. You can read more about the editorial board here. Are you interested in pitching a topic for the editorial board to discuss? Email [email protected].