Biden at SU

No more tickets available for Joe Biden’s visit to SU

Vice President Joe Biden speaks at an event in Goldstein Auditorium at SU in 2009. He will be speaking at the university on Thursday and no more tickets are available.

There are no more tickets available for Vice President Joe Biden’s Thursday speech in Goldstein Auditorium, according to a Schine Box Office representative.

Tickets were made available Tuesday at 9 a.m. and were scheduled to be distributed from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. both Tuesday and Wednesday. Space for the event, which is student-focused, is limited and having a ticket does not guarantee admission. SU students with valid SUIDs were able to pick up free tickets from the Schine Box Office.

Biden’s visit to SU is part of a four-stop college tour to raise awareness about the White House’s “It’s On Us” campaign to prevent sexual assault on college campuses.

The doors to Goldstein Auditorium will open at 9:30 a.m. on Thursday for those who have tickets. All event attendees will undergo “airport-like security” and should bring as few personal items as possible to the event, according to an SU News release. A bag and coat check will be available for attendees, and cameras are permitted at the event, according to the release.

The vice president will also discuss the public awareness campaign next week at the U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland; Clemson University in South Carolina; and Morehouse College in Atlanta, the White House said Friday.