University Politics

SU announces members of Chancellor’s Workgroup on Diversity and Inclusion

Syracuse University has announced the members of the Chancellor’s Workgroup on Diversity and Inclusion.

The workgroup, which was created to deal with key issues including diversity and inclusion planning, the participatory educational experience and the Faculty Ambassador Program, has 23 members, including students and administrators. Chancellor Kent Syverud announced the formation of the workgroup on Sept. 28.

The announcement of the workgroup came after SU administrators gathered for a three-day retreat that was focused on creating diversity and inclusion at SU.

The members of the workgroup are:

• Francine D’Amico, associate professor, Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs, co-chair
  • Barry Wells, special assistant to the Chancellor, co-chair
  • Keith Alford, associate professor, David B. Falk College of Sport and Human Dynamics
  • Justin Bachman, student, I. Newhouse School of Public Communications
  • Shobha Bhatia, Meredith Professor, College of Engineering and Computer Science
  • Tammy Bluewolf Kennedy, admissions counselor, Office of Admissions
  • Harriet Brown, associate professor, S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications
  • Pedro Castro, historically black church chaplain, Office of Student Affairs/Hendricks Chapel
  • Lily Deer, student, Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs
  • Keith DiBello, patrol sergeant, Department of Public Safety
  • Tiffany Gray, interim director, LGBT Resource Center
  • Aaron Hodukavich, ADA coordinator
  • Jane Hong, student, vice president of Student Association, S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications
  • Nithin Katragadda, graduate student, College of Engineering and Computer Science
  • Paula MacDonald, associate director, organizational development and training, Human Resources
  • Suzette Melendez, lecturer and director of Children’s Rights and Family Law Clinic, College of Law
  • Cathryn Newton, Provost’s Faculty Fellow and dean emerita, College of Arts and Sciences
  • Mara Sapon-Sevin, professor, School of Education
  • Jordan Shelby West, graduate student, School of Education
  • Alex Umstead, graduate student, School of Education
  • Chante Williams, student, College of Arts and Sciences
  • Bea González, dean, University College, and special assistant to the Chancellor, ex officio
  • Sheila Johnson-Willis, interim chief, Equal Opportunity and Title IX Officer, ex officio

The first meeting for the workgroup is scheduled for next week.