Steve Ishmael, Rob Trudo, Josh Parris ‘ready to go’ against LSU

Margaret Lin | Staff Photographer

Wide receiver Steve Ishmael left Syracuse's win over Central Michigan with an upper-body injury, and SU head coach Scott Shafer said he'll return this weekend.

Wide receiver Steve Ishmael, center Rob Trudo and tight end Josh Parris will all play against No. 8 Louisiana State (2-0, 2-0 Southeastern) on Saturday at noon in the Carrier Dome, head coach Scott Shafer announced on his Tuesday teleconference.

“All three of those guys are doing well and ready to go,” Shafer said. “We had kind of a walk-through practice on Sunday and they were all running around, feeling good.”

Trudo and Parris missed the last game against Central Michigan despite being game-time decisions and Ishmael was hurt during the game. He had suffered an upper-body injury on Saturday and SU Athletics announced the wideout would miss the rest of the game in the third quarter.

Trudo, a senior, had played 40 straight games before sitting out the contest against the Chippewas with a lower-body injury and is the team’s most experienced offensive lineman. It appeared a Wake Forest defensive lineman had run into his right leg, knocking him out for the rest of that game. Junior Jason Emerich filled in for Trudo. Junior Kendall Moore started in place of Parris, a junior. Parris’ injury was listed as an upper-body injury.