Tricked out threads: Quick, last minute costumes to throw on before heading out for Halloween

Halloween weekend is just around the corner.  No costume? No problem. Just reach into your closet to craft costumes that are  easy to pull together. Then, spice them up with some affordable accessories. Here are Pulp’s top choices for fun looks you can make in minutes.

Girl:

Black cat: The little black dress goes with everything and works for every occasion. Pull on this staple item and transform into a black cat. Pick up a pair of ears (and a tail if you feel bold) and draw on a perfect pair of cat eyes with some black liquid liner. 

Rosie the Riveter: Rosie is a symbol of strength for women — and her iconic outfit is a do-it-yourself dream. Just pull your hair up in a tight bun and wrap a red bandana around your head. Throw on a denim button-up, roll up the sleeves and flex those muscles. Don’t forget to look tough — you can do it! 

Guy:

Cowboy: 

Plaid? Check. Jeans? Check. Top them off with a cowboy hat, tie a red bandana around your neck and tuck your shirt into those jeans to complete the look. Sure, it’s not the most original costume, but at least you won’t look like every other bro at the party wearing a sports jersey.

Nerd:

Too many wasted weekends at the library? Tap into your inner nerd! Grab a collared shirt and button it all the way to the top. Pick out a bowtie, tuck your shirt in and roll up your pants to show off those high socks. And don’t forget your nerdy specs.

Couple:

Grease:

Not many couples’ costumes are as iconic as Sandy and Danny. Ladies, curl those locks, then grab a black tank top. Guys, slick your hair back and slip on a white button-up shirt. Then throw on your leather jackets and strut in style.