Syracuse Mets

Syracuse Mets fans need vaccination or negative COVID test to attend games

NBT Bank Stadium, home to the Syracuse Mets, will require fans to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test or vaccination records before they're allowed to attend games.

Subscribe to our sports newsletter here

Syracuse Mets fans will need to provide proof of vaccination for COVID-19 or a negative test result to attend games in-person, the team announced in a release Thursday. Opening Day is scheduled for May 4. 

The New York Mets’ Triple-A affiliate will allow 2,163 fans, or 20% capacity, in compliance with the New York state guidelines. Similar to Syracuse University’s in-person fan protocols, a test before and on game day are required. A coronavirus PCR test must be taken within 72 hours of the Mets event, and an antigen test must be completed within six hours of the game.

Vaccine passports will only be accepted if the second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or the first dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, was administered two or more weeks prior to the attended game. Both staff members and fans will receive temperature checks prior to entry.

Everyone in the stadium must wear a mask, and fans are encouraged to remain in their seats unless using the restroom, purchasing food or drinks or shopping at the team store.

Seats for the 2021 season will be sold in “socially distanced pod seating” in groups of one to six seats. Due to the possibility of changing COVID-19 regulations and policies, the Mets will only sell tickets one month at a time. Fans can purchase tickets for the month of May beginning April 20 at 10 a.m., with pre-selection options for season ticket holders. 

SU returned fans from the general public to the Carrier Dome for the first time on Saturday for the No. 3 Orange’s women’s lacrosse game against No.6 Virginia. New York state currently limits collegiate indoor venues to 10% capacity.