on campus

SU relocates research, student life offices

The relocations are part of SU’s Campus Framework and Academic Strategic Plan.

Several Syracuse University offices will relocate across campus over the next few months, university officials announced in a campus-wide email Friday.

The relocations support SU’s Campus Framework and Academic Strategic Plan, Vice Chancellor and Interim Provost John Liu and Vice President and Chief Campus Facilities Officer Pete Sala said in the email. The plans provide a guideline for long-term campus infrastructure development.

SU’s Office of Campus Planning, Design and Construction and Division of Enrollment and the Student Experience helped create a strategic plan to place student life and learning services in specific areas of the university, Liu and Sala said. The changes are in response to student feedback, they said.

The office of Keith Alford, chief diversity and inclusion officer, will move this week to a space in Steele Hall that will become the Office of Diversity and Inclusion Suite. Student Support Services will also relocate to Steele Hall this year.

The offices together will help further diversity and inclusion initiatives from a location near the center of campus, Liu and Sala said.

Research-focused administrative offices in the Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs, David B. Falk College of Sport and Human Dynamics, Graduate School and Office of Research will also move to different locations on campus.

The Maxwell School will move certain offices and research programs to Steele Hall, and will rearrange offices in Eggers and Maxwell halls. Office space in Lyman Hall will also be given to the Maxwell School.

Falk College will install spaces for student, advising and career services in the former office of the Institute for Veterans and Military Families, which is part of the Falk College complex.

The Office of Research and the Graduate School will also expand offices to fill the former offices of the Army and Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps in Lyman Hall.

The Henry Center Complex, the former Health Services building at 111 Waverly Ave., will house student services in a centralized location, Liu and Sala said. The Dean of Students, Office of the Registrar and the Office of Learning Communities will all move to this building.

SU will also relocate the Office of First-Year and Transfer Programs to 804 University Ave.

Many of these offices currently operate out of Bowne Hall. The vacated space in Bowne Hall will house the Division of Enrollment and the Student Experience’s offices of Student Employment, Career Services and Student Success.

Information Technology Services’ Learning Environment and Media Production will relocate to the lower level of the Women’s Building.