Track and Field

Paige Stoner, Laura Dickinson finish 2019 season with All-American honors

Paul Schlesinger | Staff Photographer

For the second straight year, Paige Stoner earned first team All-American status

The 2019 Syracuse spring athletic season came to an end last night in Austin, TX.

Senior Paige Stoner finished her illustrious career in orange and blue with a seventh-place finish in the NCAA Track & Field Championships Women’s 10k. This is her second straight first-team All-American selection, following last year’s fifth-place finish in the steeplechase. Sophomore Laura Dickinson made her mark as the next premiere female runner in Syracuse with a 15th place finish – good for second-team All-American.

“I’m really happy with my race and just really excited to be here,” Dickinson said, “And to run with a teammate who’s been so great to me. I’ve learned so much from her this last year.”

Stoner hung with the leading pack of six for most of the race but admitted she was late in keeping up with their final push. The senior added that she wished to finish higher but was proud of the way she battled. 

The now three-time NCAA All-American finishes her career with school records in the 3k, 5k, and 10k, an ACC Track & Field Scholar-Athlete of the Year award and a number of individual titles in her three years since transferring from Lipscomb.

“I wish I could be here longer,” Stoner said, “But I know I’m passing the torch off to some pretty incredible women so I’m pretty excited for the future for Orange women.”