Syracuse reportedly adds graduate transfer Whisper Fisher from St. Joseph’s

Max Freund | Staff Photographer

Syracuse was bounced in the second round of the NCAA tournament last season in the Carrier Dome.

Former St. Joseph’s forward Whisper Fisher is reportedly transferring to Syracuse, according to her father, Matthew. Fisher, a graduate transfer, will be able to play immediately.

“Whisper is excited about the chance play for coach (Quentin Hillsman),” Matthew said. “He’s one of the best player development and X’s and O’s coaches in the country.”

Fisher’s move to SU marks the second transfer of her collegiate career. The Owings Mills, Maryland native played at Loyola Chicago as a freshman, where she appeared in 21 games and averaged less than a point and rebound per game.

After sitting out the 2016-17 season due to NCAA transfer rules, Fisher spent two seasons at St. Joseph’s. She logged her best collegiate season in 2018-19, posting 3.8 points and 4.4 rebounds per game. The Hawks went a combined 31-34 in Fisher’s two years on the team.

The addition of Fisher, 6-foot-2, will help fill the void left by standout forward Miranda Drummond, who graduated from SU in 2019. Drummond averaged 31.9 minutes and 14.1 points per game in two seasons at Syracuse and holds the Orange’s career 3-point field goal percentage record (40.2 percent).