Frank Howard named to ACC All-Tournament 2nd team

Alexandra Moreo | Senior Staff Photographer

Frank Howard stares at the rim before taking a free throw in Syracuse's loss to Duke in the third round of the ACC Tournament.

Frank Howard was named to the Atlantic Coast Conference All-Tournament second team on Saturday night after the competition’s conclusion. The Syracuse senior point guard scored a combined 46 points across two SU games in Charlotte, North Carolina, earlier this week.

Wednesday night against Pittsburgh, Howard poured in 18 points to lead the Orange to a win over the Panthers. He made two 3-pointers in each half of that game, seeming to find the shooting stroke that had evaded him much of the season.

The next night, against Duke, Howard dropped a career-high 28 points. A 3-pointer in the game’s final seconds pushed him past his previous high of 25. Although the Orange lost, Howard proved he’s playing the best basketball of his career. Howard made 11-of-20 shots overall with Tyus Battle absent on Thursday.

“I’ve been feeling really good getting back to my normal self taking control of some games,” Howard said on Thursday.

After the big week, Howard has accumulated 992 points in his Syracuse career. Per ESPN, the Orange are expected to make the NCAA Tournament during the Selection Sunday telecast at 6 p.m. Sunday. Howard would likely hit the 1,000 point mark at SU in the Orange’s NCAA Tournament opener.