University Union

Campus celebratory event to feature Tiffany Haddish, Pusha T, Flipp Dinero

Courtesy of University Union

University Union, The National Pan-Hellenic Council and Student Association will host “Cuse Can! It Starts With Us” featuring Tiffany Haddish, Pusha T and Flipp Dinero.

Comedian, actress and producer Tiffany Haddish will be joined by musical artists Pusha T and Flipp Dinero for “Cuse Can! It Starts With Us” on April 6, University Union announced Wednesday night. The event is sponsored by UU, the National Pan-Hellenic Council and the Student Association.

The mission of “Cuse Can! It Starts With Us” is to facilitate conversation about community dynamics and social change, per a UU press release. The celebratory event aims to foster a supportive environment while appreciating differences.

The event will kick off in Goldstein Auditorium, beginning with a stand-up comedy performance by Tiffany Haddish at 1:45 p.m. Haddish’s performance will be followed by two discussion panels in Watson Theater: “What We Need to Be Talking About” and “Just Up The Block.”

flipp-dinero-headshot

Flipp Dinero will perform at Syracuse University on April 6. Courtesy of University Union

These panels are meant to encourage conversation about campus and city-wide issues, per the release. “Cuse Can! It Starts With Us” will wrap up with a concert performed by Pusha T and Flipp Dinero at 8:30 p.m. in Goldstein Auditorium.

In the days leading up to the event, UU will host a drive to collect backpacks and suitcases that are in good condition for Elmcrest Children’s Center, whose mission is to support children and families in Syracuse. One hundred people who donate will be offered a chance to meet Haddish after her performance.

pusha-t

Pusha T will perform at Syracuse University on April 6. Courtesy of University Union

The use of technology is not permitted at Haddish’s performance, per the release. Phones, smart watches, cameras and other personal electronic devices will be secured in Yondr pouches until the end of the event. Guests will keep the pouches with them throughout the performance and can use their devices in designated “Phone Use Areas” only.

Tickets go on sale at 9 a.m. on Thursday at the Schine Box office and online. Admission is $5 for Haddish’s performance, $5 for the concert later in the evening and $8 for a combo ticket. All proceeds benefit Hendricks Chapel Food Pantry and Hillside Children’s Center.