ON CAMPUS

Syracuse University adds new members to Hendricks Chapel leadership team

Courtesy of Steve Sartori

Both officials appointed to Hendricks Chapel’s leadership team have worked at Syracuse University for years.

Syracuse University on Friday announced the appointment of university officials to Hendricks Chapel’s leadership team, a move SU said will help the chapel support the university’s mission and a major academic initiative.

Rebecca Reed Kantrowitz, who previously worked as SU’s interim senior associate vice president for the student experience and dean of students, will join the Hendricks Chapel team as associate dean.

Peg Northrup will join Hendricks Chapel as director of operations. She has worked at SU for more than a decade as an assistant director, according to her LinkedIn.

Both appointments will help align the chapel with SU’s Academic Strategic Plan, an initiative to meet goals in improving the student experience and research, among other things, according to an SU News release. Hedricks Chapel’s new leaders will also support SU’s mission and vision, per the release.

cantech-5-1

As associate dean, Kantrowitz is tasked with increasing involvement with the chapel across the student body and campus partners and supporting efforts to grow its “visibility and impact,” according to SU News.

Northrup, as director of operations, will provide “vision and oversight” for the administrative functions of Hendricks Chapel and the Chancellor’s House, according to the release. She will also help increase communication and assist in expanding programming.