Syracuse football conference schedule released, North Carolina only new ACC opponent

Tony D. Curtis | Staff Photographer

Syracuse will host North Carolina in 2018 and not play Miami.

Syracuse football’s 2018 Atlantic Coast Conference schedule was released by the conference Wednesday, completing the Orange’s slate of games for the fall.

SU takes on eight conference opponents — four each on the road and at home — and will face two foes from the ACC Coastal division (Pittsburgh and North Carolina).

At home, Syracuse takes on Florida State, North Carolina, North Carolina State and Louisville. On the road, it will visit Clemson, Pitt, Wake Forest and Boston College.

Conference play opens on Sept. 15 when the Seminoles come to the Dome. In total, Syracuse went 2-5 against the seven conference opponents it faced in 2017 that appear in the 2018 schedule. North Carolina is the only team on Syracuse’s 2018 ACC schedule that SU didn’t face in 2017.

Along with eight conference matchups, Syracuse opens the season with two nonconference games — at Western Michigan on Sept. 1 and against FCS Wagner in the Carrier Dome a week later. SU also takes on Connecticut at home on Sept. 22 and Notre Dame in the Bronx at Yankee Stadium on Nov. 17.

Seven of Syracuse’s 12 opponents on the 2018 schedule made a bowl game, while SU did not. The 12 teams combined for a 82-69 record in 2018, good for a .543 combined winning percentage.

See Syracuse’s full schedule below (ACC games in bold).

Sept. 1 — at Western Michigan

Sept. 8 — vs. Wagner

Sept. 15 —  vs. Florida State

Sept. 22 — vs. Connecticut

Sept. 29 — at Clemson

Oct. 6 — at Pittsburgh

Oct. 13 — BYE

Oct. 20 — vs. North Carolina

Oct. 27 — vs. North Carolina State

Nov. 3 — at Wake Forest

Nov. 9 (Friday) — vs. Louisville

Nov. 17 — vs. Notre Dame (in Bronx, New York)

Nov. 24 — at Boston College