Construction update: Work on veterans complex to begin in next 2 weeks, dorm renovations to progress

Courtesy of Syracuse University

The National Veterans Resource Complex is set to open in spring 2020.

UPDATED: Jan. 9, 2017 at 2:55 p.m.

In the first construction email of the year, Vice President and Chief Facilities Officer Pete Sala gave updates on Syracuse University campus infrastructure projects, including renovations in dorms and Graham Dining Hall.

Here are the projects Sala noted in his campus-wide email, sent Tuesday morning:

• National Veterans Resource Complex: Construction on the veterans hub will begin in the next two weeks. The building is scheduled to open in spring 2020.
  • Women’s Building and Flanagan Gymnasium: Lighting and safety improvements near the Women’s Building are complete. The university also finished moving fitness facilities from Archbold Gymnasium to the Women’s Building and Flanagan as Archbold begins a multimillion-dollar renovation.
  • Day Hall: The university completed preliminary work on a bathroom project in December. More improvements to bathrooms and student rooms will begin later in the spring semester.
  • Graham Dining Center: Renovations to create a fitness center in room 001 have begun. The new fitness center will include aerobic exercise equipment and free weights.
  • Hall of Languages: Renovations to create two fully accessible, single-occupant bathrooms on the first floor will be completed by the end of January.
  • Huntington Hall: Two single-occupant bathrooms will be available by the start of the spring semester.
  • Archbold Gymnasium: The renovated building is scheduled to open in fall 2019.

This post has been updated with a new headline.