Comedian Hasan Minhaj to speak at Syracuse University on Oct. 27

Courtesy of University Union

Hasan Minhaj is set to speak at Syracuse University in late October. The event is hosted by University Union and University Lectures.

UPDATED: Oct. 11 at 12:33 a.m.

Actor and comedian Hasan Minhaj of “The Daily Show” will speak in Goldstein Auditorium on Oct. 27 at 7:30 p.m.

University Union partnered with University Lectures to host the comedian, actor, host and writer. Minhaj has a Netflix comedy special, “Hasan Minhaj: Homecoming King,” in which he discusses life experiences from racism to a prom night horror.

Minhaj, who became a full-time correspondent for “The Daily Show” in 2014, also has a viral web series, “The Truth with Hasan Minhaj.” He hosted the docu-series “Stand Up Planet,” which detailed international economic problems through the lens of standup comedians and was filmed in South Africa, India and the United States.

The comedian was the host of the 2017 White House Correspondents’ Dinner and the keynote speaker at the Social Good Summit 2013 in New York City, where he spoke alongside Al Gore, JJ Abrams and will.i.am.

The audience will participate in a Q&A with Minhaj at the end of the show. Tickets for the talk go on sale Wednesday at 9 a.m. at the Schine Box Office and online at boxoffice.syr.edu. Students can purchase up to two tickets for $5, and staff, faculty and the public can purchase up to two tickets for $10.