April construction update: Replacement, renovation projects to kick off across campus

Kiran Ramsey | Senior Design Editor

Classroom renovation will take place at the Hall of Languages this summer.

Renovations projects at multiple Syracuse University residence halls and academic buildings will either start or be completed next month, the university said on Monday.

Pete Sala, vice president and chief campus facilities officer, said in a campus-wide construction update email that renovations at Haven and DellPlain halls will be completed this summer and Day Hall will begin going through renovations. Classroom and study space renovation will also take place at the Hall of Languages, the Center for Science and Technology, Link Hall, Huntington Hall and Watson Hall, according to the email.

Additionally, the roof on the Center for Science and Technology building, steps at Hendricks Chapel and masonry at Crouse College will all be replaced and modified this summer.

Sala also noted that the Waverly Avenue Utility Expansion and Renewal project will start this month. For the project, which will be developed on Waverly Avenue between South Crouse Avenue and University Place, a steam station will undergo a line replacement for Crouse Hospital. There will also be steam, chilled water, electric and sewer work after commencement and throughout the summer, according to the email.

The university will give an update on the details of this project later month, Sala said in the email.

Summer construction project list is on the Office of Campus Planning, Design and Construction website.

Here are the other construction updates Sala included in his email:

• Graphic designers are working on single occupancy unisex bathroom signage
  • Library stack renovation at David B. Falk College of Sport and Human Dynamics on the third and fourth floor
  • Renovation at Bartlett Room located on Newhouse 2
  • Bathroom renovation at Schine Student Center on second floor
  • Renovation at Sims Hall second floor
  • Space improvements at Skytop Office Building Human Resources
  • Railing replacement at Brewster and Brockway hall stairs
  • Roof replacement at Slocum Heights