Syracuse men’s basketball game day: Everything to know about Cornell matchup

Syracuse has already lost five nonconference games, the most it ever has, and it'll be looking to stop the skid against Cornell.

Syracuse (7-5) faces Cornell (3-8) on Tuesday at 7 p.m. in the Carrier Dome. The Big Red is the Orange’s final nonconference opponent before Atlantic Coast Conference play begins on Sunday. SU enters Tuesday’s matchup already in unchartered territory having lost five nonconference games for the first time in program history.

Here are answers to your game day questions.

How can you watch the game? The game will be broadcast on regional sports networks. In the Syracuse area, it will be broadcast on YES. Here are local listings for YES based on provider.

• Time Warner: 321 (digital subscribers) and 53 (non-digital subscribers)
  • Verizon Fios: 576 (high-definition) and 76 (standard definition)
  • DirecTV: 631

For those not in the Syracuse area, here’s a list of the networks that will be showing the game.

• FOX Sports South/FOX Sports Carolinas
  • Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic Plus
  • FOX Sports Midwest
  • SportsTime Ohio
  • FOX Sports San Diego
  • FOX Sports Prime Ticket
  • ROOT Sports Rocky Mountain
  • FOX Sports Florida
  • ROOT Sports Pittsburgh Alternate
  • FOX Sports Oklahoma
  • ROOT Sports Northwest

The game will be blacked out on ESPN3 throughout New York state and a large portion of the East Coast.

Where does SU stand after losing by 33 to St. John’s? One beat writer argues that the program has reached a new low.

Who is Syracuse looking to for a boost off the bench? Taurean Thompson has been the Orange’s best low-post offensive weapon, but his defense is still a work in progress as he adjusts to the center position.

What needs to improve for SU? Its defense, which gave up 93 points in its most recent game to St. John’s.

What do our beat writers predict? All three picked the same team to win. Find out what they thought, here.

Anything else to know about Cornell? Here’s a preview of the Big Red.