Sheraton Hotel to no longer be offered through Syracuse University housing

Courtesy of Stephen Sartori

The Sheraton Hotel, University Village Apartments and Campus West apartments will no longer be offered through SU Housing.

The Sheraton Syracuse University Hotel and Conference Center is among the student housing options that will no longer be offered through Syracuse University housing, SU has announced.

The Campus West apartments and the University Village Apartments on Colvin will also not be offered through SU’s 2017 housing lottery, the Office of Housing, Meal Plan and I.D. Card Services announced in an email sent Tuesday to SU students.

The Sheraton hotel housed more than 60 students during the 2015-16 academic year. The Campus Framework draft, released in June, states that SU has plans to convert the hotel into student housing. But Pete Sala, SU’s vice president and chief campus facilities officer, said in a recent email there are currently no plans to turn the hotel into student housing.

The University Village Apartments, located on South Campus, and the Campus West apartments, located at 150 Henry St., are both considered off-campus housing but have previously been offered through the SU housing lottery.

The housing lottery officially begins during the spring semester, and full details will be announced in February, according to Tuesday’s email.