Syracuse football game day: Everything to know about matchup with Colgate

Syracuse kicks off its 2016 season on Friday night. Tickets are free for students and the game will not be on TV.

It’s finally Syracuse football game day, the highly anticipated debut of Dino Babers as the Orange’s head coach. His often-talked about offense will be on display for the first time so all the “you’ll have to wait and see how fast it is” statements from players can be put to rest. Here’s everything you need to know for the first game day of the season.

How can you watch the game? On ACC Network Extra, which can be found under the “Live Now” tab on Watch ESPN

How much do student tickets cost? Nothing. All students get in for free with a valid SUID.

What is Babers saying before his first game as head coach? See what he had to say on the ACC coaches’ teleconference  and at his press conference earlier this week.

What should you know about Colgate? Everything you need to know can be found, here.

What’s the deal with Syracuse’s weakest position group on paper? They’re out to prove people wrong.

What do our beat writers think will happen tonight? Find out here in our beat writer predictions.

Anything else you should  know? In the season’s first podcast, our beat writers make season predictions, offer their opinions on over-unders and weigh in on what a successful season for Syracuse would be.