Juice Jam 2016

Riley: 5 fast reactions to a mediocre Juice Jam

Jessica Sheldon | Photo Editor

Juice Jam 2016 was disappointing in Emera Riley's opinion.

1. Fetty Wap stood up Syracuse University. Juice Jammers waited for over an hour but Fetty Wap never came. Many expressed their frustration by writing angry tweets directed at him, some stating the experience had ruined their senior year, others just wanting their money back.

2. The whole Juice Jam experience was a bit mediocre. Tove Lo’s performance was sleepy and pitchy, DJ and producer Marshmello spent the whole entire show between two weird screens and with a literal metal tin can on his head. Standouts included rapper D.R.A.M. and indie electronic artist Stephen.

3. Holding the concert later in the month was actually a good thing. The weather was the perfect temperature — not boiling hot, but not chilly cold. The result was the perfect weather to jam in — but the jam didn’t really come.

4. The fashion didn’t suck this year. While there were a few people dressed like Coachella wannabes, for the most part it was mostly jeans and tights. If I had a dollar for every time I saw a Trap Queen t-shirt, I’d have exactly two dollars.

5. DPS and security at the venue did a great job keeping everyone safe. Although there was an incredible mass exodus for the buses, no one was hurt because security and DPS kept the situation cool and calm, despite the hurt feelings of disappointed students.

Emera Riley is a junior magazine journalism major. Her column appears weekly in Pulp. You can email her at [email protected]