Syracuse hires Adeniyi Amadou as assistant women’s basketball coach

Courtesy of Syracuse Athletics

Adeniyi Amadou spent the last two seasons at Kentucky before being hired at Syracuse.

Syracuse has hired Adeniyi Amadou as an assistant coach, the Orange announced Tuesday afternoon.

Amadou served as the assistant director of basketball operations at SU during the 2009-10 season.

“Adeniyi is regarded as one of the premier recruiters and skill developers of post players in the country,” Syracuse head coach Quentin Hillsman said in a press release. “Adeniyi is a tireless worker and his ability to attract top-tier student-athletes is unquestioned.”

Amadou served as an assistant coach at Kentucky the past two seasons. Before that, the Paris native spent four years at Dayton. He played collegiately at Army and Indiana University of Pennsylvania.

Following the 2014-15 season, Syracuse assistants Sasha Palmer and Kelley Gibson left for jobs at Wisconsin and Rutgers, respectively. The Orange replaced them with the hiring of Tammi Reiss and promoting previous director of program management and development Cedric Solice to an assistant coach position. Solice is listed on the 2016-17 roster with the same role he had in 2014-15.

“His recruiting reach is international,” Hillsman said of Amadou. “I believe his largest asset to our recruiting base will be in our recruitment of international prospects.”

The Orange is coming off its most successful season in program history, ending with a loss to Connecticut in the national title game.