Basketball Recruiting

Syracuse basketball recruiting: Former Kansas and Nebraska guard Andrew White III visits SU

Former Kansas and Nebraska guard Andrew White III is at Syracuse for a visit Friday, according to his Snapchat account. The grad transfer is eligible for the 2016-17 season and the Orange has three scholarships open.

Ben Sigel of Scout.com first reported the visit Friday.

White was named All-Big Ten Honorable Mention last season after averaging 16.6 points and 5.9 rebounds per game for the Huskers. The 6-foot-7 guard started all 34 games for Nebraska but chose to use his final season elsewhere, which will be his third college.

He played a minimal role at KU, appearing in 44 games over two season but averaging under seven minutes per game for head coach Bill Self. Last season, he shot a team-best 41.2 percent from long range.

Louisville has also been in touch with White and contacted him the day after he received his release from Nebraska, according to the Courier-Journal.

Currently, Syracuse only has three guards on scholarship after the departures of Michael Gbinije, Trevor Cooney and Malachi Richardson. Frank Howard, John Gillon and Tyus Battle compose a thin unit that White would fit into well, considering the length and size Jim Boeheim prefers atop the zone.

Comments

University Politics

University Senate approves degree completion support plan for students affected by immigration policies

The resolution passed on Wednesday states that if students affected by immigration policies complete 75 percent or more of the credits and requirements for their respective degrees, there would be “maximum opportunity” extended to facilitate completion of their degree program with Syracuse University credits. Read more »