Crime

3 people stabbed on Marshall Street early Sunday morning

Logan Reidsma | The Daily Orange

All three victims are at Upstate University Hospital for treatment.

UPDATED: July 16, 2016 at 3:11 p.m.

Early Sunday morning three men suffered stab wounds after a fight broke out on the 100 block of Marshall Street, according to a report from the Syracuse Police Department.

SPD officers were dispatched around 1:10 a.m. in response to a stabbing complaint. They arrived to a large crowd of people, where witnesses told police there was a fight prior to their arrival.

The victims were 19, 20 and 25 years old and suffered from a stab wound to the back, side of the abdomen and two stabs to the leg, respectively. The injuries were determined to be non-life-threatening. The three men were taken to Upstate University Hospital for treatment.

Shakeem Kitchen, 27, was arrested as a result of a witness who saw the 19-year-old get stabbed. Kitchen was charged with criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth degree and assault in the second degree. He is lodged in the Onondaga County Justice Center and being held on a $20,000 bond.

At this time no arrests have been made in relation to the other two stabbings, and it is not known if the victims were all together.

In the last year, two other stabbings have occurred on Marshall Street. In May 2015, a 25-year-old man was stabbed on Marshall Street. In September 2015, four people were stabbed outside of Acropolis Pizza House. In both cases, none of the people involved had any connection to Syracuse University.