Syracuse basketball recruiting: Ray Featherston, Paschal Chukwu’s host brother, to walk-on with Orange
Ray Featherston, the host brother of Syracuse center Paschal Chukwu, will be a walk-on for the Orange this season, SU Athletics confirmed Friday morning.
Featherston attended Choate Rosemary Hall in Connecticut and played point guard in his final high school season. Prior to the 2015-2016 school year, he attended Fairfield Prep in Connecticut, the same high school Chukwu played two seasons at before committing to Providence. Featherston, a 5-foot-9 point guard, tore his ACL on Dec. 30, 2014, and missed the remainder of what would be his final season with the Jesuits.
He will join Syracuse’s sizable contingent of walk-ons that includes sophomores Evan Dourdas, Adrian Autry Jr., Ky Feldman, Shaun Belbey and Jonathan Radner, junior Mike Sutton and senior Doyin Akintobi-Adeyeye.
The Orange currently has eight scholarship players on its roster, including seniors Tyler Roberson, Dajuan Coleman and John Gillon, sophomores Tyler Lydon, Frank Howard and Chukwu and freshmen Tyus Battle and Matthew Moyer.
Published on June 10, 2016 at 10:35 am
- 7-foot-2 Paschal Chukwu will help Syracuse basketball, even in his redshirt year
- A Malachi Richardson impostor spent a day fooling everybody: 'I got catfished in person'
- Syracuse men's basketball attendance drops 10 percent but SU still finishes 2nd in NCAA report
- Syracuse basketball recruiting: Turkish 7-foot star Omer Yurtseven picks North Carolina State over the Orange
- Syracuse basketball recruiting: 2016 forward Taurean Thompson reportedly down to 3 schools