Here are Syracuse University’s 2016-17 Remembrance Scholars

Last year's Remembrance Scholars gather in front of the Remembrance Wall at Syracuse University for the 2015 Rose Laying Ceremony.

Syracuse University announced the 35 SU students who were selected for the 2016-17 Remembrance Scholarship on Thursday.

These students — who are all currently juniors — will represent the 35 SU students who were killed in the 1988 Pan Am Flight 103 bombing over Lockerbie, Scotland during their senior year.

Each Remembrance Scholar will receive a $5,000 scholarship. The scholarships are funded through an endowment supported by gifts from alumni, friends, parents and corporations, according to an SU news release.

Coinciding with the announcement of its Remembrance Scholars, SU also released the name of next year’s Lockerbie Scholars: Shona Beattie and Sian McLaughlin. The two Lockerbie Scholars will travel to Syracuse for a year of study through the Syracuse-Lockerbie Scholarships, which is funded by SU and the Lockerbie Trust, according to the release.

The scholars will be recognized at a convocation in Hendricks Chapel on Oct. 28, according to the release.

The 2016-17 Remembrance Scholars are as follows, according to the release:

• Clayton Baker – School of Information Studies, Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs and College of Arts and Sciences
  • Charlotte Balogh – S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications
  • Amber Barrow – College of Arts and Sciences
  • Katherine Barymow – School of Architecture, Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs, College of Arts and Sciences
  • Jourdann Borski – College of Visual and Performing Arts
  • Farrell Brenner – Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs and College of Arts and Sciences
  • Rachel Brown-Weinstock – Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs and College of Arts and Sciences
  • Lynsey Cooper – Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs and College of Arts and Sciences
  • Emily Dang – School of Information Studies, Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs and College of Arts and Sciences
  • Malik Evans – Martin J. Whitman School of Management and S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications
  • Ryan Gibson – College of Visual and Performing Arts and College of Arts and Sciences
  • Kimberly Juarez – David B. Falk College of Sport and Human Dynamics and College of Arts and Sciences
  • Joyce LaLonde – Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs, College of Arts and Sciences and S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications
  • Emily Lindberg – College of Engineering and Computer Science
  • Paola Louzado-Feliciano – David B. Falk College of Sport and Human Dynamics
  • José Marrero-Rosado – College of Arts and Sciences
  • Kelsey May – Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs and College of Arts and Sciences
  • Nigel Miller – College of Arts and Sciences and College of Engineering and Computer Science
  • Megan Minier – School of Information Studies
  • Claire Moran – Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs, College of Arts and Sciences and S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications
  • Francis Morency – Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs and College of Arts and Sciences
  • Genevieve Pilch – College of Arts and Sciences and S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications
  • Andrew Ramos – College of Engineering and Computer Science
  • Alexis Rinck – Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs and College of Arts and Sciences
  • Miracle Rogers – School of Education
  • Nedda Sarshar – Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs and College of Arts and Sciences
  • Elaine Sartwell – David B. Falk College of Sport and Human Dynamics
  • Kelly Sheptock – S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications
  • Ilana Siegal – Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs and College of Arts and Sciences
  • Samantha Steinert – David B. Falk College of Sport and Human Dynamics
  • Patricia Terhune – Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs, College of Arts and Sciences and S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications
  • Jamie Weiss – S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications
  • Terence Wells – S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications
  • Sarah Whittaker – Martin J. Whitman School of Management and College of Arts and Sciences
  • Soleil Young – Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs and College of Arts and Sciences