Week in Pulp

Week in Pulp: Luke Bryan performed, Block Party 2016 lineup announced

Courtesy of University Union

Chance the Rapper was announced as one of Block Party 2016's headliners.

From course registration to the Luke Bryan concert, here is the best Pulp content of the week to catch up on.

Luke Bryan

Ratner_Moriah28
Moriah Ratner | Staff Photographer

Luke Bryan took the stage Saturday night at the sold-out Carrier Dome. The show, which started at 7:30 p.m., was part of Bryan’s “Kill the Lights” tour that began in February and is traveling the nation through October. During the show, Bryan sang his biggest hits, such as “Country Girl (Shake it for Me)” and covers like Jason Derulo’s “Talk Dirty.”

Myslice Guide

CfO9rfIUMAEy1qd
Emma Comtois | Design Editor

Still unsure where your schedule for next semester stands? Pulp is here to help. Check out this flowchart that’s catered to your needs, from your ideal wake-up time to how you spend your weekends, and see which class you end up with at the end.

Guilty Pleasures

Music columnist Emera Riley makes the argument that music fans should embrace their most shameful guilty pleasures, from bad ‘80s pop to the “High School Musical” soundtrack. She points out that even Marilyn Manson loves Justin Timberlake’s “Cry Me a River.” So crank up that Jonas Brother’s album, sit back and relax guilt-free.

5 things to know about Chance the Rapper

chancey-boy
Courtesy of University Union

Syracuse University’s campus exploded last week when University Union announced the Block Party 2016 lineup. Chance the Rapper and The Chainsmokers will be co-headlining, after a performance by opener Jon Bellion. Brush up on your knowledge about Chance by learning these five fun facts.