Election 2016

Free rides to polling locations available to Syracuse University students on South Campus or in off-campus housing

Several polling stations are located all around the Syracuse University campus for students who are registered to vote in the New York primary on Tuesday.

UPDATED: Tuesday, April 19, 2016 at 10:41 a.m.

The Bernie Sanders campaign is providing free transportation to polling locations for the New York primary on Tuesday for Syracuse University students that live on South Campus or in off-campus housing.

A van will be running continuously from the Goldstein Student Center on South Campus from noon on Tuesday until polls close at 9 p.m., according to an email sent to South Campus residents. Goldstein will act as the pickup location for students whose polling location is the Drumlins Country Club, which is located at 800 Nottingham Road in Syracuse. This polling location is for students who live in South Campus apartments or SkyHalls I-III.

Students should bring their SU ID and a legal document with proof of address, according to the email. Volunteers will be outside of Goldstein all day to make sure that students know where to get picked up. The van will run a 15-minute route and will depart whenever students arrive at Goldstein.

A pickup location for SU off-campus students will also be at the corner of Livingston and Euclid avenues, according to the email. Students will be transported from there to the Ed Smith PreK-8 School, located at 1106 Lancaster Ave.

Students can check their polling location here.

The transportation is not being run through the Office of Residence Life — South Campus, according to the email. It is being run through a separate organization. All students, regardless of their party or candidate affiliation, are welcome.

The voting location for SU students who live in Booth, DellPlain, Haven, Kimmel, Marion, Shaw, Walnut, Washington Arms and Watson halls is Bird Library. Students who live in the Sheraton Syracuse University Hotel and Conference Center or on Comstock Avenue, Harrison Street or Ostrom Avenue will also vote in Bird Library.

Residents of Boland, Brewster, Brockway, Day, Flint, Lawrinson and Sadler halls will be able to vote in the Toomey Abbott Towers, located at 1207 Almond St.

Students who live in Lyons Hall or off-campus on Euclid Avenue, Clarendon Street, Lancaster Avenue, Livingston Avenue, Ackerman Avenue or Sumner Avenue will be able to vote in Edward Smith School Library, located at the intersection of Lancaster Avenue and Broad Street.

Students who live off-campus on East Adams Street will be able to vote on McCarthy Manor at 501 S. Crouse Ave.