Track and Field

Freddie Crittenden wins ACC men’s track performer of the week

For the third time this year, junior hurdler Freddie Crittenden III has been named the Atlantic Coast Conference men’s track performer of the week.

At the Miami Hurricane Alumni Invitational, Crittenden won the 110-meter hurdles in a time of 13.53 seconds, marking the second-fastest time in the nation as well as Crittenden’s personal best in the event. Crittenden’s time is also the best among those attempting to qualify for the NCAA east regional.

On Feb. 28, he led Syracuse to its first ACC indoor track and field championship by winning the 60-meter hurdles by over 0.2 seconds. Crittenden then finished second at the NCAA championships with a time of 7.64 seconds.

Crittenden and the Orange take this weekend off before returning to action at the Auburn War Eagle Invitational or Virginia Challenge on April 22.

Comments

University Politics

University Senate approves degree completion support plan for students affected by immigration policies

The resolution passed on Wednesday states that if students affected by immigration policies complete 75 percent or more of the credits and requirements for their respective degrees, there would be “maximum opportunity” extended to facilitate completion of their degree program with Syracuse University credits. Read more »