Court documents: Naesean Howard stabbed SU football players multiple times

Courtesy of the Syracuse Police Department

Court documents revealed Naesean Howard stabbed both Corey Winfield and Chauncey Scissum multiple times with a pocket knife.

Naesean Howard stabbed Corey Winfield with a pocket knife in the current SU cornerback’s right lower back, upper right chest, left abdomen and left wrist, court documents said.

After he stabbed Winfield, Howard stabbed Chauncey Scissum on the right side of his neck, right upper chest, left shoulder and bottom lip, the felony complaint filed against Howard said.

Scissum’s condition was listed as critical but stable and Winfield’s was listed as in stable condition.

Naesean Howard Felony Complaint Document

Howard was charged with two counts of assault in the second degree and criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth degree. The stabbing allegedly happened Saturday at about 5:50 p.m. at 321 Slocum Heights Drive on South Campus. Howard was indefinitely suspended from the university, Kevin Quinn, SU’s senior vice president for public affairs, said in a statement to The Daily Orange. Howard lives at 450 Slocum Drive and was arrested on the 1000 block of Ackerman Avenue, according to a police bulletin.

On Monday, Syracuse.com reported that Howard showed up to a party in a ‘rage.’ Citing a friend who was at the party, the outlet reported that Winfield tried to protect Scissum, who had surgery and couldn’t defend himself against Howard. Scissum, Winfield and Howard were all defensive backs when Howard was kicked off the team by then-head coach Scott Shafer.

Per the report, of the 30 or so people at the birthday party, five or six were football players. After the stabbing, Scissum was taken to the hospital by an ambulance while Winfield was driven there.

Howard appeared in court Monday morning and is due back in court Friday at 10 a.m.

Follow along with @DOsports and here for more coverage.