Election 2016

Bernie Sanders to campaign in Syracuse on Tuesday

Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) will make a campaign stop in Syracuse on Tuesday afternoon ahead of the April 19 New York state primary.

Sanders will speak on Tuesday at 2 p.m. at the Nicholas J. Pirro Convention Center at The Oncenter at 800 South State St. Doors will open for the event at 11 a.m. Admission is free and public, but attendees are encouraged to RSVP on Sanders’ campaign website.

Members of the Syracuse community marched through downtown Syracuse on Saturday in support of the senator, who is making his bid for the Democratic nomination against former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. Clinton also visited Syracuse on April 1 to discuss her debt-free college plans. While in Syracuse, Clinton made a pit stop at Marshall Street’s Varsity Pizza.

Sanders’ visit to Syracuse also comes on the heels of Republican candidate and Ohio Gov. John Kasich’s Friday rally at Le Moyne College. Business mogul Donald Trump will also reportedly campaign in Syracuse on April 16.