SA Elections 2016

11.5 percent of the Syracuse University student body has voted in SA elections as of Monday night

Current SA President Aysha Seedat and SA Vice President Jane Hong were elected with 1,903 votes.

As of 8:25 p.m. on Monday, there had been 1,634 votes — which accounts for 11.5 percent of the student body — cast in the Syracuse University Student Association elections, said Tracey Ford, the chair of SA’s Board of Elections and Membership.

There are three pairs running for president and vice president: Eric Evangelista and Joyce LaLonde, Charlie Mastoloni and Jessica Brosofsky and Andrew Brendel and Tom Duszkiewicz.

In the race for comptroller, Malik Evans, James Franco and Kevin Gonzalez are running. Students can also vote for assembly representatives who will speak on behalf of students in their home college or school.

In total, 24.1 percent of the student body voted in last year’s election. Current SA President Aysha Seedat and Vice President Jane Hong received 1,903 votes, or about 55 percent of the vote.

Students can cast their votes for SA positions on MySlice until Thursday. Also on the ballot are resolutions for two bills: one on the decision process for prospective cabinet members and one on the establishment of a director of diversity affairs within SA.