Syracuse basketball players vote for best and worst dancers on team before ‘Big Dance’ Sweet 16

Walk-on Doyin Akintobe-Adeyeye was a near-unanimous vote for the best dancer on Syracuse.

CHICAGO – The NCAA Tournament can go by two other casual names, March Madness and the Big Dance. So before Syracuse takes on Gonzaga in the Sweet 16 Friday night, The Daily Orange polled 15 players and one coach as to who the best and worst dancers are on the Orange. Here are the results from inside SU’s locker room at the United Center Thursday afternoon.

Walk-on Doyin Akintobi-Adeyeye: Me, I’m the best dancer on the team. The worst is Belbey, Shaun Belbey, hands down.

Walk-on Shaun Belbey: That’s just a false statement. The team has clearly voted me the best dancer. Before the games in the beginning of the season … they’d pick me to get in the circle and dance and Doyin was always an afterthought. His dancing is a little overrated. When he starts dancing, people just don’t pay attention anymore. Doyin is obviously the worst dancer.

Walk-on Adrian Autry: Best dancer, Doyin. Worst dancer, Belbey … actually best dancer might be Chino (Obokoh).

Chinonso Obokoh: No, I don’t dance … I don’t dance. I’m voting for Doyin. I don’t know…Belbey, you know, I don’t see him being the worst. Every time we come out there to dance, people get hype. I’m picking the best as Doyin.

Walk-on Ky Feldman: Chino, he doesn’t really like to show it off but when he gets it going … On Belbey: He’s hands down the worst. It’s not close.

Walk-on Jonathan Radner: I would say best is low key Tyler Lydon, on the low. Worst, it’s a consensus, it’s Belbey.

Tyler Lydon: Best dancer, probably Doyin. Worst dancer (Malachi Richardson coughs sarcastically from nearby while pointing at Belbey) Belbey by far … I didn’t even realize he was sitting next to me. Oh my god, it’s almost embarrassing to watch him out there.

MORE COVERAGE:

Malachi Richardson: Doyin … and Belbey is our worst dancer.

Dajuan Coleman: Yeah Belbey the worst, Doyin the best.

Kaleb Joseph: Best dancer, Doyin. Worst dancer, Shaun Belbey.

Walk-on Christian White: Best dancer is definitely Doyin and the worst dancer is Belbey.

Frank Howard: Best dancer, obviously Doyin thinks he’s the best dancer. I’ll go Doyin best dancer. (From nearby, White mutters “worst dancer is easy”) Oh oh yeah, worst dancer is Belbey.

Michael Gbinije: I’m going to put (Tyler) Roberson as the worst just because he doesn’t dance. He might have some moves I don’t know about. Doyin Akintobi-Adeyeye is obviously our best dancer.

Tyler Roberson: Best dancer, yeah obviously you got Doyin and worst … I don’t know who I would say the worst is… (Almost 10 minutes later, Roberson said he wanted to change his answer for best dancer) Best dancer on the team is Belbey.

Walk-on Mike Sutton: I got Doyin as the best dancer on the team. The worst who actually tries is Belbey, but the worst dancer is Trevor (Cooney), but Trevor knows he’s bad so he doesn’t really try. Belbey is the worst though.

Assistant coach Mike Hopkins: Best dancer on the team has got to be Doyin Akintobe-Adeyeye. I don’t even think it’s a question. Worst dancer on the team, I’m gonna go with Chino. I mean he tries to but it’s just not … (Hopkins then changed his answer) I’m going to go with Jonathan Radner just to make sure he gets a vote. I mean it’s got to be, right? He’ll say it’s his lower back.