2016 Final Four Guide

Local bars, restaurants explain what they are doing for the Syracuse Final Four games

Logan Reidsma | Senior Staff Photographer

Bars on Marshall will be offering special drinks and hours in light of the Syracuse Final Four game on Saturday.

If you’re one of the many people planning on venturing to a local bar or restaurant to watch the Final Four games, here are some of the best deals that are offered nearby. From special-edition Bud Light cans at DJ’s to a coffee drink called the “Bean-ije” at Freedom of Espresso, you won’t want to miss out.

DJ’s On The Hill

DJ’s On The Hill will be screening both the men’s and women’s Syracuse basketball games at the bar, and is expecting a large student turnout. In addition to its regular drinks, it will be offering Orange aluminum Bud Light March Madness collectible cans for $4.

Faegan’s Cafe & Pub

Faegan’s will be screening the games and offering a promotion for Jim Beam bourbon whiskey. Its Jim Beam Honey, Jim Beam Apple Crisp and Jim Beam Red Stag will all be sold for $3 on Saturday, and one of its select drafts will also be sold for $3.

Also, it’ll be selling Bleed Orange Bombs, which are drinks that have SKYY Blood Orange vodka mixed with Red Bull.

It’ll also be raffling off promotional items — most likely be T-shirts or sunglasses — which customers will be entered to win after buying shots.

“We might not be a crazy collegiate bar on campus with wild dancing people on the bars and whatnot, but you know, we do it right here. We have a good time,” said Marc Lipsy, Faegan’s bar manager. “Go Orange.”

Chuck’s Cafe

Chuck’s will open at 6 p.m. on Saturday, as usual. Customers will have to pay a cover to enter, but the amount hasn’t been decided yet, a Chuck’s employee said. The bar also hasn’t decided which specials or promotions it’ll be serving, but it will be showing the game on big-screen TVs and smaller side screens.

Varsity

Varsity will screen the men’s game in the restaurant on Saturday, and serve food until halftime. Beer and wine will also be available until sometime during the fourth quarter of the game. It’ll also be open later than usual, until the game ends.

“I think we’re going to be jam packed. It will be a lot of fun here,” said Varsity employee Eric Ockert. “Guaranteed, no North Carolina fans allowed,” he said before adding with a chuckle that he was joking.

Because it expects so many customers, Varsity won’t be taking reservations on Saturday.

Freedom of Espresso

At Freedom of Espresso’s Fayetteville location, special drinks that are Syracuse basketball-themed will be offered. Its specials include the Bean-ije, which is a vanilla bean-based cold brew coffee and the Mala-chai Richardson, a chai with a power shot of espresso. It is also diverging from its namesake coffee drinks with Let’s Go Orange, an orange-based Italian soda. The special drinks will be offered through the tournament, said barista Steve Weiler.